Are You Being Harassed by Creditors?
If you're being inundated with creditor calls, you don't have to put up with it. Congress has passed a law called the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, laying down rules which creditors and collection agencies must follow. If they violate these rules, you may sue them for damages! If you are getting calls at weird hours or being talked to rudely, contact us today!
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
This act forbids a variety of harassing tactics by creditors. They may not:
- Call you early in the morning or late at night.
- Make incessant calls.
- Say they are an attorney when they are not.
- Make threats they cannot support such as that they are going to sue you or put you in jail.
- Speak rudely about late payments.
- Talk to your neighbors about your debt other than determining your location.
- Speak to your co-workers about your debt.
- Contact your employer about your debt and ask questions.
- Put a notice in the newspaper about your failure to pay them.
- Call you directly once you have notified them that you are represented by an attorney.
At Rossi Law, we provide trusted defense to clients harassed by creditors. Once we are retained, we contact creditors and advise them that they must now speak directly to us or suffer the consequences. If they have previously subjected our clients to continual harassment, we also file a claim for damages. Our goal is that our client be able to deal with his or her debts in a sane manner free from creditor abuse. We protect your rights and seek compensation due to you for the creditor's bad behavior.